Friday, May 15, 2009

The plan.

After all that agonizing about what decision to make, which path to follow, it appears that the decision was made for us.  Not only is Dr. Dreamy away for those two weeks when I could cycle next, so is Dr. Famous...which leaves only Dr. Curmudgeon.  

Not acceptable.  

He's talented and honestly, he would be fine for an u/s here and there and even my transfer, but no way can I do an entire cycle with him.  Plus he'll be spread pretty thin with so many patients to care for so I can only imagine what wonders that will do for his charming temperament.  Even my IVF nurse said "I'm sharing this with you because we all like you guys so much. I would not cycle now with Dr. Curmudgeon.  Wait until Dr. Dreamy is back.  Then the whole gang will be here for you." How could I say no to the promise of well-fitting plainfront khakis and witty neckties not to mention, kind, caring nurses who know me inside and out (literally)?  No brainer, but there was still the question of my ever-growing cyst.

My nurse and Dr. Dreamy talked it over and decided to put me on bcps off and on until my cycle in July. Hopefully this will, if not shrink, (doubtful) at least keep the growth of my cyst at bay.  Sending up a shout-out to the notorious G.O.D. on that one.  The other small concern is that I might be oversupressed come cycle time, but given that I have very regular cycles, it should be okay.

The voicemail I got from my nurse today said this: "Call me, we have a plan!"  Music to my ears.  It is so nice to have someone else come up with the plan for once.  Now all I have to do is pop pills intermittently and mark days off my calendar.  I can handle that.  I can handle a lot of things actually.  I always surprise myself with what I'm willing to do to have a baby (even now, when I already have one)!

7 comments:

Marketing Mama said...

Congrats on having a plan! Sounds frustrating having to plan your reproductive cycles around other people's travel schedules...

PDXTwins said...

Hooray for having a plan. You seem so much more comfortable with the idea of waiting until July. I'm sure it's going to be a much more positive experience to not have to deal with the Curmudgeon.

Anonymous said...

i know, isn't it nice to have someone else thinking so hard on your case? a plan always makes me feel better. in fact, i still have not removed my cycle calendar from the fridge...and all of that stuff ended in february. maybe i'm just superstitious...but it just makes me feel better to have a plan. :)

i think waiting for dr. dreamy is the best decision, too...that way you'll be less stressed throughout the cycle, you know?

xx

Grade A said...

Although we all HATE to wait, I think you have chosen well-especially if even the nurses suggested it. Being in cycle is stressful enough without adding extra stressors.

Joy said...

I'm glad to hear a plan is in place, but so sorry to hear you have to wait longer to move forward. I will pray pray pray that the cyst doesn't grow any larger and that BCP makes a huge difference! I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this...you are so strong and I hope you know that I think of you often! Big hugs to you!!!

Sarah said...

So glad you have a plan, and very glad that our love affair with Dr. Dreamy and staff continues...they are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes! I know waiting is hard, but you are such a planner I know you'll fill the time :) JC