Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Swept away





I'll write all about my c-section and day soon, but for now, I wanted to say merci beaucoups to all my IRL and URL friends who soldiered by me during the past year. From weaning Piglet to surgery to an IVF cycle and a challenging pregnancy, you have all been there waiting in the wings and I'm so grateful.

Yesterday was a red-letter day at Maison Piglet, as we welcomed our long-awaited identical twin boys into the world. Words cannot describe the joy we felt at hearing their cries and seeing their faces for the first time. We were and still are overwhelmed by our profound love for our baby sons. They are so tiny and precious! And that twin romance thing is real. There is just *something* about there being TWO of them that just sweeps you away. My feet haven't touched the ground since I held them for the first time.

More pictures to come, but here are just a few to tide you over. :) Right now I need to go stare at my babies who are sleeping nose to nose.

Love,
MVK


19 comments:

Sunny said...

HOORAY!!! I have been dying for your post. You all look so beautiful. Congratulations on the arrival of Les Twinks... I can't wait to hear more and see more pictures!!

Love Letters To China said...

I'm so happy everything went well for you and the babies. All I can say is they are beautiful! Enjoy those little ones. Can't wait to see more pictures when you get a chance.

Simply adorable...

Christie said...

Filled with happiness for you. Congratulations!

sienna said...

the boys are BEAUTIFUL and mommy is looking great. congrats and i hope all is well :o)

Anonymous said...

I am getting goosebumps and tearing up...congratulations - I am so happy for you and your family. Great, big, giant hugs to all of you!

'Murgdan' said...

Awwwwwww! Love the photos...thanks for getting them up so quickly! I thought of you quite a few times over the last few days. So glad all is well...they are adorable (but of course, you knew that).

Inga said...

They are the perfect pair ... and they do not look tiny at all. You did it. Congratulations.

Mo said...

OH! Congratulations, Ms. MVK!!! They are beautiful!!! Sending all happy and wonderful thoughts as you stare at those beautiful two. Piglet will be so amazed!

Mo

Jeni said...

Look at those sweet chubby cheeks, adorable! Congratulations to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you! One looks just like Mommy and the other just like Daddy! At least that's what I see. :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks for updating us! As you can see you were in many our thoughts recently. Congratulations! Your boys are very sweet. I'm glad to hear that you are walking on air.

Unknown said...

By far the cutest little baby boys I have ever seen..... and I am a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner and have been seeing babies for 13 years! ;) I definitely have seen a lot of babie lol. They are absolutely beautiful, and you look gorgeous also. Congratulations to you and your whole family. Enjoy every minute! ;) Sending lots of hugs your way! ;)
~ Wendy

Meghan said...

Delurking in their honor! Happy birthday sweet boys! Congratulations!

Megan said...

Swwwwwwoooooooooonnnnnnnnn! They are beautiful. Way to go, mama!

Sarah said...

They are so beautiful! And, I think they look a little like Piglet!! Congrats again MVK! Can't wait to meet them. Hope you are recovering well :) xoxo

S said...

*Melt* They are adorable to say the least. You look like you are on cloud 9. Enjoy them!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! They are beautiful!

Carrie said...

I am so beyond happy for one of the sweetest families we know. I wish I was there to hold those sweet twinkles, but pictures will have to suffice.

YOU DID IT, friend, and they are perfect. PERFECT!

Marketing Mama said...

So, so, so, so, so happy for you. It has been such a wonderful privlege following your blog the last couple of years, watching piglet grow the same age as my Avery, and now to see you with twins. what a blessing. They are so beautiful! :) Congratulations!