Wednesday, December 16, 2009

That time of year

It's that time of year again where I start to get even more sentimental than usual. And this year, what with the Twinks bumping around and Piglet growing right before my eyes, I am exceedingly weepy. My baby is turning TWO. We've had a such an amazing second year together.

I can't even be trusted to watch O.prah right now because as you all know, she's made me a crier.

What does a sentimental, weepy, pregnant a deux blogger do to harness her energy?

Make a SLIDESHOW of course.

Of course!

A slideshow!

With music!

Genius.

So you can appreciate the gravity of the situation, you may recall I've only ever posted one other slideshow in 249 blog entries. Hang on to your Noble Firs, this one is not for the impatient. In fact, before I previewed it for Mr. K, I warned him of its lengthiness. Once the second song started he said "You're right, no one is going to sit through the whole thing."

But we did.

Twice.

And then I boo-hoo'd a little.

But only a little.

Because I'd already watched in ten times in the past 24 hours.

What do you say, join me for a little trip down memory lane?

*Post edit*

Jen - The songs I used are "Make A Wish" by Chris Rosser and "You Are the Best Thing" by Ray Lamontagne. Enjoy.

10 comments:

Eileen said...

I just watched it TWICE... because he is so stinking cute I had to look at them just one more time. He is so gorgeous! You must be so proud.

Christie said...

A most excellent slideshow. Happy birthday, lil' man! (P.S. I sat through the whole thing. But then I'm a sucker for baby slideshows.)

'Murgdan' said...

So sweet. :-) You have such a beautiful family.

Jen Schulte said...

Great slideshow! Will you share the song credits?

Amber said...

I am a total sucker for photo montages (especially of kids)... you almost me a little weepy. Happy Birthday to your little guy and Happy Holidays!!

Jess said...

cannot believe he will be two. beautiful pictures.

Jess said...

cannot believe he will be two. beautiful pictures.

Sarah said...

So beautiful MVK! Loved it. And, R's latest pics from the Sidewalk Studio are GORGEOUS!

Sunny said...

His cheeks are just so smooshable I can hardly stand it. Beautiful slideshow, beautiful family! Can't wait to see how gorgeous the next two munchkins are. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this! I use smile box for work - but yours turned out so much cuter then any of mine ever did. Great Job!