Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Love letter


Hat tip to my friend Eileen for this idea.  I cried when I read her letter written a few days ago and I thought it was time to send a little message to my own embabies as well.  

Dear Embryos,

Today is the fourth day that you have been inside me.  According to the chart I'm following, today is the day you will hatch out of your shell(s) and find a nice cozy place to nest for hopefully the next nine months.  Hopefully.  I watched a Nova episode online yesterday that showed all the amazing steps you will need to take and challenges you will need to overcome (like being attacked by white blood cells) in order to accomplish the not-so-simple task of implantation.  I'm praying that you are strong and healthy enough to do this.  Please, please try your very hardest!

Because I would really like to be your mother.  

We would have an amazing life together, all of us.  We would go on adventures great and small, eating tasty treats along the way and holding hands before we crossed the street.  I would read you books and comb your hair and kiss you until your cheeks are pink from my lipgloss. I would look at you and marvel at how very lucky I am to have such a wondrous child.  And I would tell you a thousand times a day how much I love you.  

How do I know all this?  I know because I am your mother and you have a big brother and I do the very same for him each and every day.  There is nothing I want more in the world than for you to join us as we live our happy, contented life together.  Only your arrival can complete our family.

So please, Sweet Embabies.  Get comfy, nestle in.  I promise that I will be the best parent I know how to be if you do.  

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

nicole said...

Awww, that's sweet. I hope you get your wish. :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a great letter to your little embabies!! I am sure they are taking it to heart :) Newroad

Dr. A said...

I'm crying now too.

Please, embabies, hear the words of your Mother. She loves you.

Rosanna said...

and so it shall be! ;-)