Saturday, January 31, 2009

And so it begins..

Hello friends,
If you've read all they way from the beginning, or know me personally, you know that we went through two cycles of IVF to have our little Piglet.  I have chronic ovarian cysts - mean ones - that keep coming back time after time, surgery after surgery.  These cysts prevent me from ovulating correctly and they also grow to huge proportions, preventing me from getting pregnant and having what I call a "free baby."  So an expensive baby it is for us!  Haha.  Ironically, the only time I don't grow cysts is when I'm pregnant or on the pill.  Figures.  Anyway, late last fall, we discovered that my cyst had grown back and by January it had doubled in size.  So plans were made for surgery to remove it and possibly the entire ovary which had me very stressed since we would like to have another go of it and have another expensive baby.  

My surgery was yesterday and my amazing OB and RE were able to save my ovary.  And for the first time ever, I woke up from surgery without puking my guts out and being admitted, thanks to my fabulous anesthesiologist.  Holla!  I was most nervous not about the procedure but about Piglet and how he was going to terrorize my mom and dad while I was away.  He hasn't taken a bottle since three months so he is nursed exclusively.  Miraculously he had only a few minor meltdowns and otherwise did fine.  Last night he did cry and cry and cry but seems no worse for the wear this morning.  He is getting suspicious of who is in the guest room (moi!) though.  I haven't revealed myself to him yet because I know Piglet + fresh incisions are NOT a winning combination.  

So I told you all of this because it soon, I'll be writing all about not only Piglet's adventures but about my own adventures to give Piglet a sibling.  Piglet Part Deux. 

Let us begin.

P.S. Thank you for all the well wishes on FB and via text everyone! 

5 comments:

Jamie said...

So glad your surgery went well!

I'm looking forward to the adventures of Piglet, Part Deux!! I hope it's a quick ride down the IVF rollercoaster for you!

Anonymous said...

Glad it went well. I had the same surgery last Wednesday... and I too had to hide out... Ha ha! Take care!

Kelly said...

I'm thinking of you and the fam! I know it's not an easy surgery, nor is it easy to hide from the kiddos when recovering (remember the booby surgery?). The guilt will fade quickly, I promise.

Marketing Mama said...

Sorry to hear you had to have surgery - but I hope it will help you have another baby! :) Hope you are recovering well.

Cameron said...

Glad to hear everything went well. :) And I look forward to hearing about the Piglet Part Deux process!!!