Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ten things.

There have been a lot of tags floating around on Facebook and the Blogosphere that are "25 random things about me" or "type your name into the following list of things on Google."  I'm straying from my normal Piglet-focused entries and making this one about moi.  I thought I'd create my own hybrid post - two lists of ten because who has time for TWENTY FIVE? I don't have time to compile them and you don't have time to read them! 

One lists ten things random things about me and one that lists ten things I cannot live without (Piglet and Dh excluded of course).  

Ten random thing about Miss MVK
  1. I only eat bananas that are perfectly yellow or even slightly green but one brown spot and it's on its way to the banana bread pile. 
  2. I have seen every single episode ever filmed of Felicity and Gilmore Girls.  I loved Noel and Logan not Ben and Dean.
  3. I knew what I was going to name Piglet long before he was even conceived.
  4. I need to stick one leg out of the covers when I sleep at night.  Piglet does the same thing. ;)
  5. I used to be skittish around dogs until I got a dog myself.
  6. I only buy Doritos when we're having a party otherwise I will make a meal of them.
  7. I love the smell of liquid dishwasher detergent - Cascade is my favorite.  
  8. If it were that easy, I would have a lot of kids.  Maybe five.  If it were only that easy.
  9. Of all the skills I've learned in my adult life, knitting is my favorite.  
  10. I met Pope John Paul II twice before I was 18.  Twice.  Yes, I was really that lucky.
  11. I'm adding one IMPORTANT fact that those of you who know me well already know.  I hate mayonnaise.  I will not touch it or eat it and have a hard time even being in the same room with mayo.  I do NOT keep a jar of it in my house.  Macaroni salad is basically my worst nightmare.  Seriously.  HATE.  I'm using the word HATE about a condiment.  That's how strongly I feel about it.
Ten things Miss MVK cannot live without.
  1. Jeans.  Now that I'm a SAHM, I literally live in them.  I wear them every single day.  Sevens fit me best after I have about four inches taken off the bottom!
  2. Odwalla orange juice.  'Nough said.  If you've never had it, you have never truly had orange juice.
  3. TiVo.  I am fortunate that I married a nerd who introduced me to TiVo long before it was common to have a DVR in your home.  That's given me about five extra years to build a relationship with my TiVo.  And I'll tell you this - we are in LUHVE.
  4. My debit card.  Cash?  What's that?
  5. Slipper socks.  See #1 for explanation.
  6. My Apple products - iPhone and MacBook.  I'm a total convert.
  7. My Canon G10 camera.  Santa brought it this year and it's fantastic.
  8. Milk and cereal.  Many days this is breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  9. California Baby Calming Shampoo and Bodywash.  I've used it on Piglet since he was just weeks old and it's now become "his" smell.  It's natural and gentle and smells dreamy.
  10. Our $25 Ikea highchair.  Stokke is overrated for messy eaters with no table manners yet!

No comments: