Friday, June 18, 2010

Vocabulary



As you can imagine, things get pretty, hm...
hairy around Maison Piglets these days. As a result, Piglet has picked up some new vocab words and phrases. We're *sure* an early start on such a vast range of word usage is going to get him into Stanford someday. Here's a random sampling of his new words and phrases:

boob
boobs
shit (breaking my no blog swearing rule in order to maintain integrity)
pump
spit up
blech! (this one hasn't made it into Webster's yet, but soon, very soon)
I go to Target
Daddy at work
Daddy at office
I'm leaking!!!
coffee
babies waah waah!
Mommy - GO GET IT.
NOW.
shhhhh, quiet
I did it!
binky
burpie
tripwire
P.U.!
I pee pee on Esha! (Lisa, our nanny)
Mama sad
I sad
Mama happy!
I happy!

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to how and why he learned these new words. Kinda like a Mad Lib but with more poop.

Stay tuned for my Father's Day post. Mr. K is getting the same royal treatment I got! He is *SO* excited! (Aren't you?)


8 comments:

Mo said...

How adorable! Sounds like piglet is building his vocab far and wide and I am SURE it will help him in his Stanford admissions process.

One of the words confused me - tripwire? not sure I get that one...

glad to here things are progressing apace in Maison Piglet : )

mo

Anonymous said...

lol. i can't wait. did you get him a coupon book for going to the bathroom? or changing the oil? :)

xxoo

Christie said...

May he enjoy his shower. :)

Maren said...

Don't forget, "Have fun!" :)

Anonymous said...

Peanut surprised us with a new vocabulary word today: g*dd*mmit. Ian was on Daddy duty and immediately responded with, "Peanut, that's not a nice word. Where did you hear that?" Her reply, "Mom said it when she was in the bathroom." Aargh!! It was two days ago! She was in her room playing quietly and I was carrying a dustpan full of dirt when I bumped my elbow and spilled it all. Quietly, sooo very quietly, I swore under my breath, "Sh*t. G*dd*mmit." How did she hear me? Aargh!

Shawn

Anonymous said...

love it! yes, we are excited about father's day - I am just excited that my husband can walk again and help me around the house - although the 10pm to 6am night nanny made me REALLY happy last night!

'Murgdan' said...

I get it all...except...tripwire? :)

Carrie said...

Love. All of them, but especially "I'm leaking!" and his commandments for you to get it. Now.

Cannot wait to see what kind of coupon your husband gets for Father's day- a shave? You'll STILL keep the house and care for the kids? ;)